Cooking Method: average serving is 8 – 10 ounces a person (recipe based on a 3 pound loin)
– pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
– take 3lb pork loin roast and season it in a salt, pepper and garlic combination(all fine ground spices)
– Place in a tall wall cooking pan with 1/4 inch of water on the bottom
– toss in oven and baste the pork loin from time to time to keep from drying out
– bake for 20 – 25 minutes a pound. about 1 hour and 15 minutes
– Pull out and let sit on platter for 8 – 12 minutes letting it retain its juices and cool down before slicing.
– Slice to your desired thickness and serve with a brown pork gravy. (add flour, butter and wine to the pans drippings and wisk until it thickens up)
– You can also bake the loin in a bed of sliced potatoes and sauerkraut. A german classic!!